Thursday, February 28, 2013

Happy 5 years to me :)

5 years ago I decided I needed to make a change about my health! I was 19 and becoming one of those cliche kids who gain a bunch of weight shortly after school, my blood pressure was going through the roof for being so young and what really hit me the hardest my chart said obese, my heart just sunk. I didn't know the first thing about being healthy! My start on this journey was not the best and never recommended, I just stopped eating.... my friends and family intervened before it got to serous and that's when my brother took me under his wing and showed me the ropes of fitness! Within in 6 months I lost 67 pounds (also not recommended, that's really fast to loose that much weight! It shocked my body and I had some problems after!) The longer I did this the more it became a lifestyle instead of the initial goal to loose the weight! I really got into lifting weights and eating healthy!
This is a picture that really kept me motivated, my dad did this for me for a before and after!!


This is another right after I had lost my weight!




I kept it off until I got pregnant with my little girl, two things happened I figured I'm working out lets pig out and use this as a excuse to eat whatever I want.... then I got some scary news and thing's changed, the doctor told me I had pretoxima (sp? It's high blood pressure) she basically stopped growing and I freaked!! I was put on bed rest from 7 months until I delivered! Do you know what happens when all you do is sit around and eat?!! I gained pretty much all my weight back but I had a healthy baby in the end and that's all the mattered!

The second time around took me a little longer to loose the weight because I wanted to do it right and be healthy for my daughter, plus I now had a new born and at the time felt guilty for going to the gym ( I now know and think it's very important to have a little time for yourself and even better when it's for your health!) I got all my baby weight off except those last 10 stubborn pounds and that's when I turned to supplements for the first time in five years, I'm so glad I did! I lost my goal plus some and I finally had energy! The company I found was advocare, I will forever be addicted to the spark!

Here is my 24 day challenge results ( note I'm not a super model, I have never had a flat stomach ever in my life and having a child made it worse but I'm very proud of these results!)

Day one



Day 24



So there is my weight loss story in a nut shell, I have a ton more pictures but these are some of my favorites! Over the years people ask me how I did it, it's simple really I eat healthy and workout! It was hard work but worth it! This is lifestyle not a diet!

6 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about advocare lately!

    So, wow, CONGRATS on your transformation, especially doing it right the second time around - with a newborn!! Inspirational! you look absolutely amazing!
    Love the last line of this - a lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! The one thing that makes it all worth it is my little girl will workout with me and choose fruit over candy!! Advocare is pretty awesome it helps me keep up with the little one!!

      Delete
  2. you are a inspiration! wow! you look amazing and what motivation!!! definitely keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi~
    Your before and after pics are amazing and gives me motivation-- I'm still carrying around baby weight and my baby is almost 3--

    Please give some tips and trick on how you lost the weight--

    Thxs

    Kelly
    Email shopgal22@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just eat healthy and workout! I do take advocare products now and that helped me with my baby weight! I am pregnant with my second child now and doing a lot better with pregnacy than my first! It's all about eating the right foods and doing a workout that works for you!!

      Delete