Thursday, November 29, 2012

Scaredy cat!

I've always always loved stripes, but way to scared to wear them! I just never thought I could pull them off....Back in the sixth grade I remember being so excited getting ready for a new school and being much closer to high school, I decided it was time to give up my brothers shirts and carpenter pants(yes I know it's sad, and what's worse I paired this gorgeous ensemble with spice girl style platform shoes! I can't bring myself to look at most of those pictures!) My mom took me school shopping and it was time for a new me and new style.... I saw this outfit on the mannequin and decided I had to have it! It was a pair of sparkly bell bottom jeans and a striped polo (YIKES!!!!!) I didn't try this on and let me tell you it looked horrible on my body type (back then I was very chubby!!) I didn't know anything about fashion and body types back then, I just thought it was cool because all the popular kids had this style of clothes. I wore it to school and got made fun of so badly it's taken me almost 12 years to brave the stripes again lol! But this sweater has become one of my favorites!
[





10 comments:

  1. You look darling! 12 years is much too long. Black and brown is one of my favorite combos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Loosing the amount of weight i did helped a little with confidence wearing stripes!

      Delete
  2. You are seriously beautiful!
    That last picture is gorgeousssssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lovely lady!

    Thank you for sharing your personal experiences on my post. First of all, I'm sorry to hear the pregnancy with your little girl was a rough one.

    People can really say some hurtful things sometimes. I just don't understand the mindset behind it.
    I'm sad to hear you experience the comments. I love that you're being healthy about it, taking the TIME and not rushing to lose weight in an unhealthy way.
    You look BEAUTIFUL and you ARE a great role model for your girl!

    I hope you have a blessed and smiling Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, just wanted to tell you that you look DARLING in stripes! You can totally pull them off and I love them on you! I totally wore stuff when I was younger that was so not flattering! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's very sweet! I think we all have those times lol!

      Delete
  5. Love, love love the sweater, and those boots are to die for!

    Lot's of bloggy love from:
    lovelifeandtruthtells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete